About Me

My photo
I'm a pastor's wife who has just transitioned from 35+ years of ministering to students. I am passionate about people and about seeing them grow in God's truth.

Monday, June 28, 2010

SUMMER

I've not dropped off the face of the earth, been attacked by wild hogs & hospitalized for the injuries, or had a heart attack & died ... I'm simply a youth pastor's wife in the summer.  If you are one yourself, or are the family member of one, you know what I'm talking about:

  • Church Camp
  • Mission Trip
  • Bible Boot Camp
  • Leadership Conference(s)
  • Youth Conference(s)
  • Regular summer activities
When I think I can't get any busier, someone or something piles more on top of the stack.  Do I love the busy-ness?  No.  Do I love being gone from home so much?  No.  Do I love being away from my family & church family?  No.  But, I love the benefits -  growing closer to our students, growing in the Lord myself, learning more about students and student ministry, pouring myself into the lives of those who are willing to learn & grow, and serving God wherever He leads me.  Yep; I'd say it's a win/win situation!

So, until the summer "rush" is over ... "THAT'S ALL FOLKS!"

No comments:

Post a Comment