About Me

My photo
I'm a pastor's wife who has just transitioned from 35+ years of ministering to students. I am passionate about people and about seeing them grow in God's truth.

Monday, April 26, 2010

Marathon

This past weekend I had the privilege of watching my daughter run her first half-marathon.  She and a friend ran, side by side, the entire race.  I saw them and cheered for them first at mile 6.

Casey (my daughter) is in the red shirt and looks like she's about to bawl.  That's because she was!  She was so overcome with emotion when she saw her husband, young son, and her mom there for her, cheering her on.  She had 7.1 more miles to go and needed all the encouragement she could get.

Isn't that the way it is in life?  We all start out on this journey with a goal, a plan for what we want to accomplish or be.  Along the way we get side-tracked with things that weigh us down or others that slow us down.  We allow the enemy to tell us that we should just quit ... and we listen to that.  Hebrews 12:1-2 tells us to lay aside the weights and the things that entangle us.  We are to run the race with endurance, fixing our eyes on the One who is at the finish line cheering us on -- Jesus.  Paul said (Philippians 3:14), "I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." 

This is my encouragement to you -- Keep pressing on, my friends.  Although it won't be easy, the run can be so exciting and fulfilling.  Don't let anyone tell you it's not worth it.  I want to finish this course of life with excellence, doing what God has called me to do, and I want you to be there beside me.  And when we cross that finish line, we WILL receive the prize. 


 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for being there for me! I love you, momma!

    ReplyDelete